Poetry is a language Of powerful thoughts and imagery, it can strike in the heart of man, it can shape lives and actions. Then can it not be used to enhance to the finder qualities of man? Rather than providing shallow enjoyment? And promoting the baser instincts? If I was a poet, I would like my words To compell the soul, To pursue the true pupose of existence. Oh, what wouldn’t I give to go on collecting my reward, Beyond this life....

Sunday, August 07, 2005

In Search of Me

07-08-05

Am I a talent?
If so, I certainly haven’t been appreciated
Am I leader?
If so, I certainly haven’t been followed
Am I wise?
If so, I certainly made plenty of errors.
Am I foolish?
If so, I certainly did better than many.
Am I attractive?
If so, I certainly haven’t been sought.
Am I ugly?
If so, I certainly haven’t been spat at.
Am I outspoken?
If so, the things I haven’t said would shock you more.
Am I loyal?
If so, I certainly do not know to whom.
Am I focused?
If so, I certainly can’t recall my last goal.
Am I an anarchist?
If so, what are these shackles of conformity binding me?
Am I a revolutionist?
If so, why haven’t I changed deep within?
Am I a success?
If so, I certainly haven’t seen the fruit of my toil
Am I a failure?
If so, I certainly haven’t committed suicide.

What defines me?
What I am and not?
Why do you seek to frame me in your restricted conceptions?
Constricting boundaries?
Leave me be.
Let me mould myself in my unique image.
If you fail to recognize me,
Know that the loss is yours and yours alone!

3 Comments:

Blogger Emu said...

Inspirational...

Sunday, August 07, 2005 9:28:00 PM

 
Blogger »|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

sure *sarcastic*

Sunday, August 14, 2005 8:36:00 PM

 
Blogger Emu said...

hey! i was being serious!

Monday, August 15, 2005 7:27:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home