Poetry is a language Of powerful thoughts and imagery, it can strike in the heart of man, it can shape lives and actions. Then can it not be used to enhance to the finder qualities of man? Rather than providing shallow enjoyment? And promoting the baser instincts? If I was a poet, I would like my words To compell the soul, To pursue the true pupose of existence. Oh, what wouldn’t I give to go on collecting my reward, Beyond this life....

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

My credit, Your Disgrace

11-11-04

A+ in my report
They say “But of course,
I used to be smart at school too.”
“You are carrying the same genes.”

But when I fall short of expectations,
When my actions make them ashamed,
They cry, “Why are you so different from me?”
“I never did such thing!”

In perplexed disappointment,
They wonder where I picked up these habits.
Do you see the irony?
The hypocrisy
In their bewildered tone?
All credit in their due,
Disgrace is my own.
Is it so much to be ask, to be
Given a little autonomy?
To be recognised
As a unique person in my own right?
‘Tis Allah that gives and withholds
‘Tis His praise we should sing
If to Him we hand all credit
Humility it will bring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home