Poetry is a language Of powerful thoughts and imagery, it can strike in the heart of man, it can shape lives and actions. Then can it not be used to enhance to the finder qualities of man? Rather than providing shallow enjoyment? And promoting the baser instincts? If I was a poet, I would like my words To compell the soul, To pursue the true pupose of existence. Oh, what wouldn’t I give to go on collecting my reward, Beyond this life....

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

A Friendship Lost

16-08-04

It is my fault,
I know now,
Yet I cannot admit,
I do not know how,
To apologise adequately.

You and I begin way back,
A childhood shared,
Laughter, grief, joy,
Nothing spared,
Lives surrounded each other completely.

Yet when I moved away,
Separated by space so vast,
That time sped us by,
Just as thoughtlessly.

I thought of you often,
More so when I was alone,
But I never said a word,
A rift so large and never cured,
Unsure, I looked on longingly.

I am sorry more than I can say,
I grieve for the friendship lost,
Through the passage of time and space,
A treasure that slipped away carelessly.

I think of the years that could have been,
Discovering the world together,
Growing, shaping one another,
I know I would have lived and loved,
More joyfully.

* I've resumed contact with her now (after about 8 years), which was thankfully initiated by another friend. Sadly, things just arent the same anymore...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home